Tuesday, November 1, 2011

nanowrimo

Do you know what a nanowrimo is? No? Well, until about 9 days ago I didn't either. About 9 days ago I was doing something dangerous. I was surfing the web whilst waiting for my sleeping pill to kick in. It's either that or talk to the man but the problem is that this particular brand of pill makes me really chatty.

And when I say really chatty I mean like no breathing, run on sentences and complete chaos kind of chatty. It acts like a truth serum as well and I tend to divulge things that are better kept under wraps.

Youknowwhatimean?

Anyhow, this particular night I was surfing. A bunch of my tweeps were talking about the upcoming nanowrimo challenge. I clicked and clicked until I felt I had a pretty good idea of what it was.

Foggy, mind you, but I was excited. I wanted to tell the world that my new November goal was to partake in nanowrimo. It was at this moment I got up and went to bed for fear that I would start blogging or status updating incoherence that would scare the universe.

The next morning I thought it was a dream. I told the man about this amazing dream I had where by the end of November I would be famous. It occurred to me I should look it up. Well, I'll be........ It was real!

I talked to the family about it. They all thought it was a cool idea and then I started to get really excited so here is the big news.

Nanowrimo stands for...........

National Novel Writing Month. And you can check it out here.

Now, I just want to clarify a couple of things.

1. This is my first attempt at a novel or anything that may even resemble a novel so it's guaranteed to be crap.
2. Because of that no one, and I repeat no one, will be allowed to read it. Unless you ask about 30 minutes after I've taken a sleeping pill. In which case I would most likely read it out over the radio.
3. The point of this challenge is to commit a month to doing something many many people I know would love to do, including me. Not to become a world famous authoress by December and I am perfectly aware of that so don't poop on my parade okay?

Although that would be so cool, wouldn't it?

The challenge is 50,000 words by November 30. I think there are prizes but I will admit here that I haven't actually looked into it all that much. I know the basic rules.

So I have some work to do. I'll be busy because I have to write on average 1667 words a day. I don't even know how long that is so I guess Ima gonna go find out!

Oh mercy......... what should the first line be?

This is going to be a crazy month. I herby declare the man to officially be in charge of the grocery shopping.

Let it be so!

Also, don't forget about my giveaway at the end of this ridiculously long post.

And....please go vote for me. Pretty please? Once a day even. I love love love you!

Circle of Moms Top 25 Canadian Mom Blogs .

Off we go. To write a book. About?????????

Oh boy.............

3 comments:

  1. I edited a novel recently, I bet yours will be miles better than that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy!

    I wonder what the heck you'll write about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Will you share with us at the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete