Friday, April 6, 2012

closing doors.....




Willacy.


Is.



SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!



I have one month to find a place to live and move our butts outta here. Please don't ask me where I'm going because I simply do not know.

All I do know for certain is that doors are closing. Big, heavy, burdensome doors. Like medieval prison doors. Those big heavy suckers that you need three barbarians to close. You know, the ones with the iron all over them. Those ones. And actually, I'm not just shutting them, I'm bolting them. With shackles and big medieval bolts that need gigantic medieval keys to unlock that took a medieval blacksmith a year to make because, who are we kidding, he certainly had the time.

I feel as though I have finally been released from prison and been given permission to walk away from the unhappiest time in my life.

So this is me. Walking away. Letting go of things I wanted so badly but feel like the cost to receive them was too high. An astronomical cost my family might end up paying with our stability, our happiness, our togetherness. So there was only one choice to make. Walk away. This is me saying good bye.

Good bye Willacy.

This is a good thing. Or it will be eventually because it can only go one way from here.

Up.

Time to find and open some new doors. Maybe some lighter doors.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I was feeling down with you, like it was never going to happen. I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear how this new change goes. I'm sure it will be filled with some amusing adventures. Packing and moving can be good exercise too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm calmed down a little and will attempt to comment without all the exclamation points.

    "Those big heavy suckers that you need three barbarians to close."

    That sentence was brilliant and it made me laugh. (I almost used another exclamation point!)

    Ah crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am guessing your house sold which is a good thing! Lots of houses for sale you know where :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you must be so happy! Congratulations! I'm excited to hear where you are going to move to! I can only imagine your happiness! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray!! What a long haul you've had. Here's to onward and upward and no looking back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!!! So happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a relief! So happy for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow!! That is fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! All the best in your search for a happier place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! That's a load off for sure. here's hoping house hunting is not too stressful and that you stay in the Calgary area :D

    ReplyDelete